Saturday, April 4, 2015

Module 11

            I watched the film Wargames for my computer-related film. When I saw that the assignment was to watch a computer-related film I got really excited because a lot of my favorite films fit into this category. At first I didn’t know what to watch because I have so many favorites. I decided on Wargames because it’s one that I haven’t seen in a really long time so I couldn’t remember the whole thing.
            The film Wargames is about a kid that finds a way to hack into the governments military’s main computer. And basically creates an artificial intelligent computer that gets confused into thinking that the real world is a game and almost starts World War Three.
            When I was younger I thought that there’s no possible way that something like this would ever be able to happen. I thought that there wouldn’t be any way for someone to hack into the government’s computers. After years of maturing and learning more about computers I actually think that this is possible. I’ve actually read some books about hacking and I’ve found out that really anything can be hacked if the hacker can just find a way to break in if the creator of the firewall or even have physical access to the computer. I’ve found out that if a hacker has physical access to a computer they can get into it almost every time.
            Artificial intelligence is going to be very big advancement in our society. There are some people that are very afraid of artificial intelligence because they think that they are going to take over the world and somehow kill every human. One person in particular is Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking is terrified of artificial intelligence. He thinks that they will become way more advanced than humans and at a much more rapid rate. They’ll be able to re-design themselves before we would even know.

            I personally believe that because there are a lot of people that agree with Stephen Hawking that will push as hard as they can to make it so that there won’t ever be artificial intelligence. I don’t know exactly know where I sit in the argument of artificial intelligence because I can see very great things to come from it however I could see very bad things coming from it. So I guess we’ll see where the future will take us!    

No comments:

Post a Comment