When
I first started reading “A Logic Named Joe” I was really confused and had absolutely
no idea what he was talking about. It wasn’t until about the third paragraph
that I finally decided to Google what logic was that he was talking about. In
my search there were so many options that I just ended up getting more
confused. So I just decided to finish the reading and see if I would understand
after all the reading. Turns out after reading the short story I was still very
confused. So I decided to take a break and come back to it after. After coming
back to it I realized that the author was just very opened minded about the
future and all the possibilities that came with it.
One
thing that I found funny is that he thought that all the information would be
stored in buildings. He basically thought that if you could control how you got
that information and how useful that would be. What I thought of when he said
this was that it’s like a library that has a quicker search to find the
information. Which he was pretty close because of search engines like Google.
However he was scared that if we had access to that, we would have access to
everything. Like there would be no filters and we wouldn’t be able to hide
anything. Like just an average person could go and find the government’s
deepest darkest secrets just from searching for it.
Sure
you can find out a lot of information on the internet about someone, probably
even a creepy amount of information you can’t find out something like the
government’s deepest darkest secrets because they have security on it that won’t
allow the average person finding it.
I
find this all so crazy that he had pretty good ideas of the technologies that
we would have today. I feel like if I was born in the time that this article
was published I wouldn’t have had any idea of where technology was going. I
have somewhat of an idea of where technology is going now. It’s probably not
correct or even remotely correct but I’d like to think that it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment