In this module we had to read the article
“Why the future doesn’t need us” by Bill Joy. I absolutely love the topic of
artificial intelligence because I love to see everyone’s outlook at it. I’m actually
at a point where I love to hear both sides so much that both sides have such
good points I can honestly see it going either way. So that scares me but it
also excites me to see where this technology is going.
In this article he basically says
that he’s afraid of computer scientists succeeding in developing intelligent
machines that can do better than humans can do. He thinks that if we let them
make their own decisions that they could easily come to the conclusion that
they could overturn us and become the more dominate species. Another point he
has is that if we make them and we have humans control them that there will be
some greedy human that will try to take over everything with their machines.
I think that the author’s fears are
very justified. In my opinion artificial intelligence is only going to take
over people’s jobs and the unemployment rate will skyrocket. I think that if
they don’t make a law about it that some very greedy people won’t care about
the unemployment rate just because they will be saving money.
That’s what worries me the most about all of
this. I honestly think that the whole terminator thing with Skynet is very
possible and it could happen but I’m looking at it from a simpler point of view
because there’s really no way of saying what’s going to happen with all of
that. I just think that the one percenter’s are going to try to push so that
they can replace all of their employees with artificial intelligence so that
they won’t have to pay their employees.
However
when I do look at the bigger picture and thinking about if artificial intelligence
could take over the world and just wipe out the human population. I think that
they could easily do that depending on how far we take it. If we make them so
that they can adapt and evolve then I think that they would take over and just
totally wipe out the human race.
No comments:
Post a Comment