Saturday, February 21, 2015

Module 6

In this module we had to read chapters five through nine. In those chapters he talked 
about free trade, what skills and personality traits make a “new middler”, and what CQ + PQ > IQ means and why it’s important. I’m going to talk about free trade and explain my opinion on it, I’m also going to talk about the skills and personality traits that make a new middler, lastly I’m going to go in on CQ + PQ > IQ. 
Free Trade is a policy that in international markets that governments do not restrict imports or exports. I personally think that free trade is important. I believe that it is important for people that do not live in the United States. If we didn’t have free trade then a lot of people in other countries would not have a job. However I think that if we didn’t have free trade the United States would be able to help the economy because even though companies would have to spend more money it would be spent in our own economy while with outsourcing the money isn’t going into our economy. If you think that’s a good or bad thing just really depends on what way you look at it.  
The things that describe a “new middler” are they can take something complex and explain it very simple so that the average person will understand it. These people are usually teachers, journalists, managers, writers, producers, and editors. If we didn’t have these people in the world there wouldn’t be any doctors or really profession that involves something complex. Even though the people that do those jobs are very smart if they didn’t have a teacher they wouldn’t understand the complexity of the things they do by themselves. 
The equation CQ + PQ > IQ means curiosity and passion greatly outweigh intelligence. I personally think that is very accurate. If you find someone that is very intelligent but they are very lazy their intelligence really doesn’t do much. However if you have someone who is curious and passionate about what they are doing they will always be a better worker. This is very important because that’s what a lot of employers look for now-a-days. If they feel like you are passionate about it and willing to learn they will take you over the smart lazy person almost every time. 
In this module we read about free trade and learned what it is and why it’s important. We also read about what “the middler” is and why they are important to today’s society. My personal favorite part of this was the CQ + PQ > IQ. That explains that curiosity and passion outweighs intelligence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment